Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 0345 3192039.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the goods by you (the Customer or you). We are Guinea 1775 Ltd whose trading name is Guinea a company registered in England and Wales under number 09514527 whose registered office is at Suite 3, Dukes House, 4-6 High Street, Windsor, West Berkshire, SL4 1LD and whose trading address is Lockley Villa Farm, Wistanswick, Shropshire, TF9 2AY with email address email@example.com; telephone number 0345 3192039; (the Supplier or us or we).
- These are the terms on which we sell all Goods to you. By ordering any of the Goods, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Goods from the Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract and are at least 18 years old.
- Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Goods;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier's premises or other location where the Goods are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means the goods advertised on the Website that we supply to you of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer's order for the Goods from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- Website means our website www.guinealondon.com on which the Goods are advertised.
- The description of the Goods is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other form of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and there may be small discrepancies in the size and colour of the Goods supplied.
- In the case of any Goods made to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Goods which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the Goods which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post and you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Goods in our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Goods. When an Order has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the sale of Goods ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the delivery of any Goods supplied under the Contract.
- Any quotation is valid for a maximum period of 1 day from its date, unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Goods, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and the Supplier in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
- Once goods have been fulfilled and dispatched, a refund cannot be given whilst the goods are in transit en route to the Customer.
- On entering in to a Contract with the Supplier, the Consumer is responsible for ensuring the chosen courier is able to deliver the goods to the address specified by the Consumer when placing the Order. It is the responsibility of the Consumer to ensure the Goods can be delivered and it is the responsibility of the Consumer to respond to contact efforts made by the courier.
Price and Payment
- The price of the Goods and any additional delivery or other charges is that set out on the Website at the date of the Order or such other price as we may agree in writing. All import duties and taxes are the responsibility of the customer receiving the goods.
- Prices and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- You must pay by submitting your credit or debit card details with your Order and we can take payment immediately or otherwise before delivery of the Goods.
- We will deliver the Goods, to the Delivery Location by the time or within the agreed period or, failing any agreement, without undue delay and, in any event, not more than 30 days after the day on which the Contract is entered into. Pre-ordered items are excluded.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Goods on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if:
- we have refused to deliver the Goods, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the Contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or
- after we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract, minus any charges levied for duties, import taxes.
- If the Goods are returned due to your refusal to pay import duties or taxes, or to take delivery of the Goods, any costs incurred by Guinea in the Goods being returned will be deducted.
- If your Goods were shipped free of charge but have to be returned because of your refusal to pay duties or import taxes, or you refuse to accept delivery of the Goods the original shipping costs incurred by Guinea will be deducted from your refund. Additionally no Goods will be refunded if the Goods are not returned to the Supplier due to the Consumer's refusal or neglect in taking delivery of the Goods.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Goods or rejecting Goods that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the Contract for any such cancelled or rejected Goods. If the Goods have been delivered, you must return them to us or allow us to collect them from you and we will pay the costs of this.
- If any Goods form a commercial unit (a unit is a commercial unit if division of the unit would materially impair the value of the goods or the character of the unit) you cannot cancel or reject the Order for some of those Goods without also cancelling or rejecting the Order for the rest of them.
- If your order is placed for delivery outside England and Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands, you may need to pay import duties or other taxes, as we will not pay them and payment is your responsibility.
- If you refuse to pay any duties and taxes, or to take delivery of your item, no refund of monies received for Goods will be made until the Goods are returned to Guinea.
- You agree we may deliver the Goods in instalments if we suffer a shortage of stock or other genuine and fair reason, subject to the above provisions and provided you are not liable for extra charges.
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Goods at the Delivery Location, we may charge the reasonable costs of storing and redelivering them.
- The Goods will become your responsibility from the completion of delivery or Customer collection. You must, if reasonably practicable, examine the Goods before accepting them.
Risk and Title
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are delivered to you.
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment in full. If full payment is overdue or a step occurs towards your bankruptcy, we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery and end any right to use the Goods still owned by you, in which case you must return them or allow us to collect them.
Withdrawal and cancellation
- You can withdraw the Order by telling us before the Contract is made, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without incurring any liability.
- You can cancel the Contract except for any Goods which are made to your special requirements (the Returns Right) by telling us no later than 14 calendar days from the day the Contract was entered into, if you simply wish to change your mind and without giving us a reason, and without liability, except in that case, you must return to any of our business premises the Goods in undamaged condition at your own expense. Then we must without delay refund to you the price for those Goods which have been paid for in advance, but we can retain any separate delivery charge. This does not affect your rights when the reason for the cancellation is any defective Goods. This Returns Right is different and separate from the Cancellation Rights below.
- This is a distance contract (as defined below) which has the cancellation rights (Cancellation Rights) set out below. These Cancellation Rights, however, do not apply, to a contract for the following goods (with no others) in the following circumstances:
- goods that are made to your specifications or are clearly personalised;
- goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
4.Also, the Cancellation Rights for a Contract cease to be available in the following circumstances:
- in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
Right to cancel
- Subject as stated in these Terms and Conditions, you can cancel this contract within 14 days without giving any reason.
- The cancellation period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party, other than the carrier indicated by you, acquires physical possession of the last of the Goods. In a contract for the supply of goods over time (ie subscriptions), the right to cancel will be 14 days after the first delivery.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this Contract by a clear statement setting out your decision (eg a letter sent by post, or email). In any event, you must be able to show clear evidence of when the cancellation was made.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
Effects of cancellation in the cancellation period
- Except as set out below, if you cancel this Contract, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (except where we have already booked and paid for delivery services and except for any supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us).
Deduction for Goods supplied
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any Goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you (ie handling the Goods beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the Goods: eg it goes beyond the sort of handling that might be reasonably allowed in a shop). This is because you are liable for that loss and, if that deduction is not made, you must pay us the amount of that loss.
- Guinea has the right to reclaim any costs incurred by Guinea shipping to an incorrect shipping address supplied by you at the time of order. Goods which cannot be reclaimed from an incorrect shipping address cannot be refunded.
Timing of reimbursement
- We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than:
- 14 days after the day we receive back from you any Goods supplied, or
- (if earlier) 14 days after the day you provide evidence that you have sent back the Goods
- We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of the reimbursement.
- Goods which are in transit to you cannot be reimbursed until received by you the customer.
- If you have received Goods in connection with the Contract which you have cancelled, you must send back the Goods or hand them over to us at Lockley Villa Farm, Wistanswick, Shropshire, TF9 2AY without delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate to us your cancellation of this Contract. You have 14 days to notify us of a return. The deadline is met if you send back the Goods before the period of 14 days has expired, a total of 28 days from receipt of your order. Outside the 28 day period a refund will not be given.
- All returned Goods must be returned in the original packaging when sent out. In the event that Goods are not packaged correctly Guinea reserves the right to not accept the Goods for refund.
- All returned Goods must be returned to Guinea in a condition fit for resale.
- You agree that you will have to bear the cost of returning the Goods.
- Where Goods are returned from outside the UK, you are responsible for the payment of any duties or import taxes levied on re-entry of the Goods to the UK. These charges will be deducted from the monies to be refunded of the Goods once received.
- Good returned for an exchange will be subject to postal charges, even if original order qualified for free shipping.
- For the purposes of these Cancellation Rights, these words have the following meanings:
- distance contract means a contract concluded between a trader and a consumer under an organised distance sales or service-provision scheme without the simultaneous physical presence of the trader and the consumer, with the exclusive use of one or more means of distance communication up to and including the time at which the contract is concluded;
- sales contract means a contract under which a trader transfers or agrees to transfer the ownership of goods to a consumer and the consumer pays or agrees to pay the price, including any contract that has both goods and services as its object.
- We have a legal duty to supply the Goods in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the following obligation.
- Upon delivery, the Goods will:
- be of satisfactory quality;
- be reasonably fit for any particular purpose for which you buy the Goods which, before the Contract is made, you made known to us (unless you do not actually rely, or it is unreasonable for you to rely, on our skill and judgment) and be fit for any purpose held out by us or set out in the Contract; and
- conform to their description.
- It is not a failure to conform if the failure has its origin in your materials.
Successors and our sub-contractors
- Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any sub-contractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control:
- the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and
- the party's obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer's above rights relating to delivery and any right to cancel, below.
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for: (i) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) for death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier's other legal obligations. Subject to this, the Supplier is not liable for (i) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (eg loss of profit) to the Customer's business, trade, craft or profession which would not be suffered by a Consumer - because the Supplier believes the Customer is not buying the Goods wholly or mainly for its business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints in the following way: We will respond promptly to all customer complaints - please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 0345 3192039