Founder and Creative Director
Here at Guinea London we’ve day dreaming…about spring and summer social gatherings, buzzing wine bars, BBQ’s and parties with family and friends, and lots of days out.
Anyway, with everyone still firmly in lockdown, all we can do is imagine, but it is also a time to think ahead, especially when it comes to adding new spring and summer pieces to your wardrobe. At Guinea London, we are very much about classic, investment pieces, that work hard from season to season, or day to night and never go out of style.
We've all been there. There’s an evening social engagement, or work function on a weekday, and popping home to change just isn’t possible. Whatever you put on at 8am, is what you’ll be stepping out in at 8pm. So, having some versatile key pieces in your wardrobe, means you can avoid the horror of being either horribly overdressed during the day, or feeling underdressed at night.
Top 3 Day to Evening Style Staples
1. A jumper that can work to warm up a summer outfit when the evening chill comes in
2. A scarf or wrap, that can work with a dress, jeans and a top, to provide warm but chic layering, as the day transitions from sunny afternoon to evening
3. A classic, chic top that can be worn with shorts for some of the day, then paired with your favourite jeans and some statement jewellery for an evening look – perfect for garden to evening garden party!
Top Tips for Day to Night
- Change accessories: Some boho or glam earrings, or a statement necklace will jazz up the simplest of outfits, even if it’s just jeans or a t-shirt.
- Comfortable shoes: A stylish yet comfortable pair of flats, or wedge espadrilles are ideal as they can work both for casual day wear, right up to laid back evening glam.
- Change up your makeup: A slick of lip-gloss or lipstick, can take you from day to night in a jiffy, as can a flick of eyeliner and a dab of cream blush or bronzer.
- Add a hair accessory: A pretty hairband, or hair clip can transform a daytime ponytail, to boho chic in 10 seconds
A great product to have in your bag as a secret weapon, is a mini perfume to spritz before you head off helping you feel refreshed leaving you ready to have a fun filled evening. Another top tip from Guinea London, is carry a mini-aerosol of hair spray in your bag that you can use to zhuzh up your hair if it has gone a bit flat!
Just a little bit of planning and you can seamlessly go from day to night time, looking super cool and super glam.